Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Stellar, Stellar, Stellar...


Early tomorrow morning I will be hitting highway, truck and trailer loaded, making my way back to Aiken, SC. When I left Aiken to see about a new life in Maryland I knew there would be a ton of things I would do and experience. After all being 24 and moving to a new state, the possibilities are endless. But there is one thing, that if you had asked me when I left Aiken, I would have told you there is no way in 'hell' I'd do...

Be moving back to Aiken with out Stellar (Fullback). 


But as fate would have it, I am. 

The day I signed the bill of sale giving ownership of Stellar to Lindy and Adam Gutman is a moment I will not forget but for reasons you may not think. I wasn't the emotional wreck I thought I would be, I didn't really cry that night at dinner and I didn't cry the next few days following. The occasional tear would stream down my face every now and then but never the bawling my eyes out like a new born baby, which is how I thought I would be (even how I thought I should be). But let me tell you something, last night I cried. I cried there with Lindy as Stellar laid his head in my chest and I kissed his forehead. A small portion of those tears were 'sad tears' because well he was and always will be 'that' horse to me. I broke him on the track, had a bond with him from the moment I saw him and accomplished more with him than I ever have on another horse. But I also cried happy tears because I know that Stellar is bringing just as much happiness into Lindy's life as he did mine. Sure its a different happiness but its a happiness that better suits his life and the longevity of it. 


I may be moving 10 hours away from the two of them but a trip is already in the works for a winter visit to Aiken. Not only that but Lindy was so impressed with how well I schooled him cross country this past Saturday, she is willing to fly me back up to compete him at Jenny Camp the end of May.

I find myself feeling eternally grateful to have found him an owner like Lindy. We all know how tough this industry is when it comes to buying and selling or re-homing for that matter. I know not everyone is as fortunate to find what I have but there was just no way I was going to settle for anything less because he deserves it. Thank you Lindy for taking care of my boy and allowing me to still be apart of the process! 


It's not goodbye but more of a 'see you later'...

*Update on the heart murmur found during pre-purchase exam* After seeing the cardiologist last week, she was able to confirm that Stellar has a grade 4 of 6  Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation. In layman's terms this means blood flows through and the valve does not close all the way so a lot of the blood gets pushed back into his right atrium. The cardiologist said right now he does not have an arrhythmia but that he could develop one in a year, 5 years or never at all. But that he should be checked by a cardiologist once a year and monitored regularly. 

This means he can continue to love his life of trail rides, hunter paces, occasional cross country schooling and hunter shows but I know he will never be pushed beyond his limits! Happiness all around. 







No comments:

Post a Comment